The moment we think of laying a foundation stone for the dream home, numerous thoughts springing up and most of the time, these unwanted thoughts are often related to the quality of the construction material intended to use and managing finances at the time of the construction of the house.
At the same time it is also crucial to ensure that the quality of the material being used is of superior standards, without any adulteration or contamination. Listed below are the key materials used to make a perfect and comfortable house :
The cement that we use in the present day was first manufactured by a mason of British origin named Joseph Aspdin in 1824 and since then came to be known as Portland cement. Cement is a grey coloured powdered looking substance produced by an arduous process of mining and quarrying limestone, gravel, shale and marl. Did you know choosing the right grade of cement is crucial for the construction of a house. There are namely 3 prime grades of cement namely :
-   Ordinary Portland cement (OPC), is a grade 53 cement often used for construction purposes.
-   Portland Pozzolana cement (PPC) is primarily used in plastering, besides waterproofing works and brick masoning. PPC grade is resistant to chemicals.
-   Portland Slag cement (PSC) is used for construction activities near coastline, because this grade of cement is resistant to corrosion.
-   Thermo Mechanically treated bars, popularly known as TMT are low in carbon steel. These TMT bars are available in different grades such as Fe 415 , Fe415D, Fe500, Fe500D, Fe 550, Fe550D. (“D” denotes the Elongation).
-   The best quality TMT is Fe 500D, which is known to impart excellent strength and flexibility to the structure.
The purpose of sand is to add strength and bulk to concrete. There are 3 types of sand, namely :
-   River sand : used for plastering
-   Pit sand : used in concreting
-   M sand : is an alternative to river sand.
Used to construct walls of a house. Bricks come in 3 grades :
-   Unburnt : These bricks are less resistant to water, less durable, less fire resistant and dried in the sun
-   Burnt : 1st class bricks are used for construction purposes & are load bearing. 2nd class bricks are not preferred and are irregular shaped. 3rd class are inferior grade ones. 4th class bricks break easily.
Tiles enhance the interiors of a house, inspire others. It is important to make the right choice of tiles because you don’t want to slip while walking. Tiles now days are available in attractive colours and patterns, which come in the following grade :
-   Cement tiles
-   Glass tiles.
Merely owning an HMDA approved plot will not work, if you are firm on seeing a house appear in your plot. Families often make an investment of a lifetime in an open plot and the moment they realise that building a house could make them cough a lot of money, with construction companies and middle men keeps them demotivated.
If ever you are going on your own, please read the grade and quality mentioned on the packaging if possible and never ever blindly pay someone for procuring materials just because you know them. Poor quality construction materials can impact the overall integrity of your house. This is a big mistake. Take your time, read, and check online and satisfy yourself before arriving at any conclusion.
You too can set an example
Worry not, Srihi Infra, the leading real estate and construction company in Hyderabad, works with you from the day 1 with complete transparency, from walls to ceiling. There is absolutely no reason to be tense and worried, when Srihi Infra is ready to give a concrete form to your cute little dream. Building hearts is all that matters. For all your real estate and construction related queries, please reach Srihi Infra on +919000688888 or on www.srihiinfra.com.
Hope our audience was able to get some vital insight through this special column. Please watch out for this space for more. Do share this blog with your friends.